Are you a 310T Mechanic looking for a new opportunity? Our client is a premier provider of non-hazardous waste, recycling, and disposal services. They are seeking a 310T Heavy Duty Mechanic for their waste processing facility in Ottawa, ON. This is a Monday to Friday, day-shift role that contributes to a great work-life balance. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing maintenance and repair on heavy trucks and other equipment. In return, employees enjoy competitive wages, benefits, professional development opportunities, and a safe working environment. If you have questions, feel free to give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text at 647-484-0311. This is a great opportunity to join a family-oriented company that is dedicated to empowering their employees. Don’t wait to join this close-knit team; apply online now and get started on your new path!
Located two hours’ drive away from Montreal, and one hour from the border, the capital of Canada, Ottawa, ON is the perfect place for nature lovers and urbanities alike no matter the weather. You can go skating down the world’s largest outdoor skating rink in the winter or hang out on the beach during the summer. There are plenty of festivals throughout the year, as well as a lively night time and culinary scene. Public transit in Ottawa is reliable, sitting in Canada’s top ten best transit cities. Ottawa is a rich, historical city with new experiences waiting for you around every corner.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time.
Salary: $30-34/hour depending on experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package after 3 months.
- RRSP contributions.
- Boot and clothing allowance.
- Safe and clean working environment.
Shifts: Monday to Friday, 7 am – 5 pm, approx. 45 hrs/week.
- Red Seal Truck and Coach Mechanic or Ontario 310T Truck and Coach Technician licence required.
- Valid CVIP inspection license a must.
- 2 years of verifiable Diesel Truck/Heavy Equipment experience.
- Computer diagnostic experience would be an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Dedicated to safety as the #1 priority.
- Solid knowledge of brakes and hydraulics repair.
- Knowledgeable about Electrical, Brakes, Diagnostic work on Mack, ABS, Allison, and Heil.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform inspections, repairs and maintenance on heavy trucks and equipment.
- Typical repairs include but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repairing engines chassis and body components, hydraulic cylinders, brake systems, suspension systems, cooling systems, wheels and tires.
- May be required to teach apprentices skills of the trade and proper techniques of repair.
- Dexterity for handling small parts and tools in tight spaces.
- Sufficient strength for handling larger parts and tools.
- Pushing, pulling, reaching above/at/below shoulder, standing stooping, crouching, bending, walking, crawling, kneeling, carrying lifting 10-100 lbs.
- Visually inspects equipment and parts; adequate hearing.
- Able to work utilizing safety glasses, steel-toed work shoes, uniform and hearing protection.
- Able to climb steps and ladders.
- Work performed indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Subjected to loud noises, vibrations, hardworking surfaces, lubricants and chemicals, fumes, dirt and inherent hazards of mechanic work.
- Own tools required.