Atlas Copco, located in Mississauga, Ontario
is looking for Service Technicians
Job Description / Mission
We are looking for two (2) experienced Service Technicians. The candidates will be very important part of the after sales service offered by Atlas Copco Compressors Canada.
The successful candidates will be self-starters who are able to demonstrate good customer relations and the technical and sales skills required for servicing the local customers machine-based.
The candidates will be reporting to the Service operations manager, Mississauga Branch.
- To carry out maintenance and service on customer Atlas Copco and other brand equipments.
- To keep own’s product knowledge up to date in reading instruction books, ECB’s , in referring to any other technical information system; and by participating in an effective manner to the training programs as offered by the company.
- To apply good standards of engineering practice at all times and promote at users sites a professional image for Atlas Copco.
- To commission new equipment in an effective manner.
- To effectively diagnose mechanical and electrical faults on customer equipment.
- To care about proper administration of activities; and in particular ensure that time sheets and other paper works are signed by customer when applicable, and submitted timely.
- To advise users personnel about the general operations of their machines and maintenance requirements (promote Atlas Copco service products).
- To advice the operations service manager and/or the service salesman of any new business opportunity.
- Support local customer base, develop new customers and maximize time utilization.
- Prepare service reports with care and attention and offer solutions to problems.
- Certification in one of the following areas: Industrial Electrician, Millwright, Diesel Mechanic or Air Conditioning/Refrigeration. Interprovincial Red Seal certification would be a considerable asset.
- 3-5 years of experience in servicing compressed air equipment
Knowledge / Educational Requirements
- Strong electrical and mechanical knowledge or equivalent experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with Millwright ticket, Red Seal would be an asset.
- Good computer skills – MS Office.
- Training in the above areas will be offered internally.
- Able to work independently with strong self-management and professionalism.
- Able to complete work within assigned deadlines.
- Computer proficiency as required for communication, research, work orders and programming various controllers.
- Excellent customer service and communications skills (oral and written).
- Extensive travel to customer locations, including out-of-town and overnight travel.
- Available for a rotating schedule of on-call work on evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be fluent in English and have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis, and lift 100 lbs. occasionally, and work in industrial environments including extremes in temperature with continuous walking, reaching, bending, and kneeling.
Location and territory
The selected candidates will be covering a territory included between northern and southwest Ontario and shall report to our Mississauga Branch office.
How to apply
Please submit your application by e-mail to email@example.com . The deadline for applications is June 15th, 2017.
This position is equally opened to women and men