Opportunity alert! This state of the art seafood processing plant is seeking a Refrigeration Operator with ammonia experience to join their team. Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the successful candidate will provide maintenance and repair assistance. They will also be responsible for monitoring equipment and coordinating both internally and with outside vendors. Don’t miss out on a great chance to work for this stable and friendly company!
Our client is the largest fresh and frozen seafood operation in B.C. They specialize in seafood processing, cold storage and value-added services and dedicated in promoting sustainable fisheries initiatives. If you are seeking for a challenging role and want to work in a company where you will learn and develop your skills, this is the job for you. To apply or learn more, please give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 250-483-5954!
Living in Delta
Located within a half-hour drive of Vancouver, and edging the US/Canada border, Delta (pop. 102,655) packs a punch when it comes to pioneer history, natural assets of beaches, parks and farmlands. Comprising three very different communities: North Delta, Tsawwassen and Ladner, Delta's diverse attributes are now becoming great attractions. The gentle landscapes give way to seven golf courses; the many dykes provide easy walking, cycling and equestrian trails and water sports, from skim boarding to kayaking are popular pursuits.
Salary: $23/hour starting wage, without 4th Class
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefit Package including Medical and RRSP matching
Shifts: Various shifts offered. Lots of overtime opportunities available!
- Refrigeration Operators Certification with BC Safety Authority
- 4th Class Power Engineer ticket is considered an asset
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Refrigeration Operator with ammonia experience
- Experience in a food processing industry is considered an asset
- Must have clean safety record
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven maintenance skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and respond to plant alarms
- Perform routine & preventative maintenance tasks on plant refrigeration equipment (Engine Room)
- Update maintenance logs and records
- Work with others to plan and coordinate the completion of work
- Perform general maintenance tasks throughout the facility as needed
- Perform other duties as required