Our client is seeking a diligent and skilled Millwright to join their team. This is a great opportunity for someone seeking a challenging and rewarding new role! The successful candidate will play an integral role within the company performing preventative, routine and breakdown maintenance on all equipment, in their meat processing plant.
The company has been in business for over 50 years. Their commitment to quality products and service has been recognized by Canada's premier restaurants, retail grocery chains, and food service distributors. Our client very much value and invest in their employees and have a low staff turnover, with many employees working for the company for several years.
Benefits: Great benefits package plus two weeks’ vacation.
Shifts: 8pm – 6am, Monday – Thursday.
Location: Mississauga, ON
- Red Seal or Ontario Journeyperson’s Millwright certificate required.
- Preference will be given to those who have previous experience in the food industry and or manufacturing environment.
- Preference given to those with electrical knowledge, specifically working on electrical control panels and PLC troubleshooting.
- Experience with hydraulics / schematics would be highly desirable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Driven, capable to work well with minimal supervision.
- Able to work well in a small team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance on processing equipment.
- Training of production staff on setup, trouble shooting and running of plant equipment.
- Use of computerized maintenance management system.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting as needed.