Calling all Lower Mainland Millwrights! Our client, an international industrial group specialising facility management, is seeking a certified Millwright to provide maintenance and rebuilds to industrial machinery and building systems equipment at their location in Surrey, BC. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the successful candidate will also be responsible for the fabrication and installation of mechanical and electrical machinery, hydraulics, and auto operated door systems including the building HVAC system. Please note that an RCMP clearance is required for this position, and position will not commence until clearance is complete (4-8 months).
Our client is an international market leader in development, implementation and operation of long-term partnerships. They provide services from Facility Management to Infrastructure to Energy Management. By committing themselves to innovation and best practice, their aim is to build strong relationships with their customers and employees alike that last a lifetime. Don’t miss this opportunity to work for a successful company that values teamwork, respect, and sustainability.
Living in Surrey
Located 24km southeast of Vancouver, Surrey offers easy access to Highway 1 and opportunities to explore all that British Columbia has to offer. The City of Surrey is committed to working with neighborhoods, residents and community groups to create beautiful spaces and to promote and celebrate community activity, spirit, and pride. Close to the ocean, mountains, Whistler, Vancouver Island and the USA, the recreational and leisure opportunities are endless. Some of Surrey’s neighboring cities that are conveniently accessible by car or public transportation are Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, Delta, Langley, Coquitlam and Maple Ridge.
Salary: Starting wage $34.55/ hr, increased to $35.55/ hr after 6-month probationary period
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefit Package
Education: Must have Red Seal or BC Journeyperson’s Millwright certificate
- Must have at least minimum 5 years’ of experience building maintenance within a plant
- Experience with a CMMS an asset
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Collaborative in dealing with fellow employees
- Knowledge of occupational hazards, safe working practices and applicable regulations in Facility management
- Ability to meet enhanced government security clearance requirements to obtain a security clearance
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, maintain, repair, overhaul and install mechanical and electrical machinery such as circulating water pumps, electronic motors, fans, overhead doors, rapid roll doors, electric bi-parting doors, electric and hydraulic gates and electric security barriers
- Monitoring and assessing mechanical equipment operation and for the detection and prevention of premature failure as well as troubleshooting and identifying practical solutions
- Assists and works with other maintenance team workers and personnel to complete assigned duties in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) environment
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada and have been living in Canada continuously for the past 5 years
- Required to undergo RCMP Security Clearance, inclusive but not limited to a criminal check, financial check, and interviews with various points of contact. May take up to 4-8 months to process