Building Maintenance Millwright – Surrey, BC
Are you a Millwright with a background in building maintenance looking to get serious? Our client, an international industrial group specializing facility management, is seeking a certified Millwright to provide installs, repairs, troubleshooting, maintenance and rebuilds to industrial machinery and building systems equipment in Surrey, BC. This is an amazing opportunity to enhance your skills and take your career in an exciting new direction. We’re talking beautiful, state-of-the-art, LEED gold facilities that are waiting for you!
By committing themselves to innovation and best practice, our client aims to build strong relationships with their customers and employees alike that last a lifetime. Don’t miss this opportunity to work for a successful company that values teamwork, respect, and sustainability. Give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 250-483-5954, or better yet, apply online today!
Living in Surrey
Located 24km southeast of Vancouver, Surrey offers easy access to Highway 1 and opportunities to explore all that British Columbia has to offer. The City of Surrey is committed to working with neighborhoods, residents and community groups to create beautiful spaces and to promote and celebrate community activity, spirit, and pride. Close to the ocean, mountains, Whistler, Vancouver Island and the USA, the recreational and leisure opportunities are endless. Some of Surrey’s neighboring cities that are conveniently accessible by car or public transportation are Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, Delta, Langley, Coquitlam and Maple Ridge.
Salary: Starting wage $33.26/ hr, increased to $34.26/ hr after 6-month probationary period.
- Comprehensive Benefit Package including significant coverage of Health, Dental, Vision, and more.
- Boot allowance, uniform and tools provided.
- Tues-Sat, 8am-4:30pm for the first 6 months.
- Tues-Sat or Sun-Thurs, 9:30am-6pm after the 6 month probationary period.
Note – The shift(s) may change to suit operational requirements.
Education: Must have Red Seal or BC Journeyperson’s Millwright certificate.
- Must have at least minimum 5 years’ of experience building maintenance within a plant.
- Experience with a CMMS an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Collaborative in dealing with fellow employees.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards, safe working practices and applicable regulations in Facility management.
- Ability to meet enhanced government security clearance requirements to obtain a security clearance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, maintain, repair, overhaul and install mechanical and electrical machinery such as circulating water pumps, electronic motors, fans, overhead doors, rapid roll doors, electric bi-parting doors, electric and hydraulic gates and electric security barriers.
- Monitor and assess mechanical equipment operation and for the detection and prevention of premature failure as well as troubleshooting and identifying practical solutions.
- Assist and work with other maintenance team workers and personnel to complete assigned duties in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) environment.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada and have been living in Canada continuously for the past 5 years.
- Required to undergo RCMP Security Clearance, inclusive but not limited to a criminal check, financial check, and interviews with various points of contact. May take up to 4-8 months to process.
- Start date is immediate at the Jim Pattison Outpatient Care Centre. After 6 months’ probation and an RCMP clearance check, the successful candidate will be moved to the RCMP headquarters.