Are you are a Red Seal Millwright looking join a stable and growing company, that offers an excellent benefits package, including an attractive defined benefit pension plan? We have a great new Maintenance Millwright opportunity at our client’s Richmond, BC operation. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the successful candidate will perform maintenance procedures, repairs and rebuild corrugated manufacturing equipment. If you want to join a team where respect, safety, communication, and teamwork are valued, then this is opportunity for you!
Our client is a division of one of the biggest names in the packaging and paper industry. They operate around the world and are one of the largest processors of recyclable materials. This role will give you the chance to work with a supportive and knowledge team, which sees very low staff turnover.
The City of Richmond is located in Metro Vancouver and offers easy transit and highway access to Vancouver, White rock, Surrey and neighbouring municipalities. Richmond's flat terrain offers great cycling along its waterfront dykes. This made it a practical choice as a 2010 Olympic Winter Games venue city, with the spectacular Richmond Oval hosting speed-skating. The city also offers great multicultural shopping and dining!
Wage Rate: $40.06 per hour
Benefits: Comprehensive benefit package including a defined benefit pension plan, and full health and dental benefits. Profit sharing also available after one year.
Shifts: Monday – Friday rotating shifts of days and afternoons, with occasional night shifts. Weekend overtime work is available on a voluntary basis.
Education: Red Seal Interprovincial Millwright Certification
- Must have at least 3 years of experience (post apprenticeship), ideally in the packaging and paper industry, or any other busy manufacturing environment.
- Experience in welding is an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with little supervision.
- Must be able to show initiative and be a self-starter.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic computer skills is required for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, repair and rebuild corrugated manufacturing machinery.
- Repair and maintain hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and components.
- Complete planned work order requests on time.