Are you a diesel mechanic looking for an opportunity to work on new high horse power Natural Gas and Diesel Engines? Our client, a renewable power developer, is seeking a Lead Mechanic for their power generating and manufacturing facility located in Staten Island, NY. With technical and warranty support from two leading engine manufacturers, you will help with commissioning and have control of the preventative maintenance program to ensure these engines are well maintained.
As the lead mechanic, your knowledge and input will be valued in reliable power delivery for Staten Island and NY. With predictable ongoing work that will include a lot of overtime during commissioning, and then continued overtime as demand for power and maintenance is required. You will also be able to work closely with training operators and junior mechanics. You will receive a competitive salary and a long-term career in a fast-growing industry. If this sounds like the role you’ve been waiting for, apply online today!
Our client is a turnkey developer in renewable energy, including solar, solar thermal, and biomass. They have worked on projects for over 100 years, overseeing everything from engineering and design to finance. If you’d like to learn more, please give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text to 646-863-0333!
Staten Island, New York is one of New York City’s five boroughs (including Brooklyn, the Bronx, Manhattan, and Queens) and is the southernmost part of the state. It is located roughly an hour to 90 minute drive from the other boroughs, as well as to the heart of New Jersey. There is always something to do from the wealth of museums, restaurants, and parks. Enjoy a day at South Beach, or take the famous Staten Island Ferry to Manhattan. See what it’s like to live in a small town in the big city!
Salary: Market competitive for experience level.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package included.
Start date: As soon as possible.
- Certification/formal vocational training in diesel engine and refrigeration and high-pressure gas systems preferred.
- OSHA certification an asset.
- USCG, Navy, Military trained employees with high horse power engine and generator experience are encouraged to apply.
- 5+ years’ heavy mechanic experience on natural or diesel heavy duty engines.
Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of how to maintain, troubleshoot and including repair natural gas or diesel generators and low voltage electrical systems.
- Knowledge of chillers and heat exchange systems a plus.
- Ability to read wiring and engineering prints.
- Thorough, organized, and detail-oriented.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and repair several types of equipment.
- Use and continuously update computer controls and diagnostics.
- Manage ongoing preventative and other maintenance of all plant equipment.
- Ensure plant operates as planned and minimizing unscheduled down time.
- Develop, manage and execute maintenance manual and plan per equipment manufacturers requirement.
- Scheduling and supervising of junior employees.
- Manage equipment safety plans.
- Manage and plan the spare parts inventory.
- Complete direct training as needed.
- Other Responsibilities as required
- A successful applicant will be supported in gaining certifications for Fire Department of NY Certificates (Refrigeration, High Pressure Gas, Battery System, Air Compressor).