Are you a terrific troubleshooter who’s happiest when part of a team? Our client is seeking a Red Seal certified or Journeyperson Instrumentation and Control Technician for their pulp mill located in Port Alberni, BC. The successful candidate will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, repair, calibration and programming measurement and control instruments that are used in the pulp and paper industry. A knowledgeable Instrument Mechanic with a watchful eye and the courage to care is needed to join this team. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
As a leading North American paper and pulp manufacturer, our client employs 1,800 people at operations in southern British Columbia and manufactures some of the most environmentally responsible paper in the world. This employer offers great opportunities to grow, solve technical challenges, and live and work in one of North America’s most spectacular environments. If you are interested in learning more about this position, please give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 250-483-5954!
Port Alberni is a waterfront community at the heart of the west coast of Vancouver Island. It is situated at the end of a 48 km long inlet and offers access to wilderness so amazing, you will only realize it when you're there. As a gateway to the West Coast of Vancouver Island and the Pacific Rim National Park, Barkley and Clayoquot Sounds, world class diving and the incredible sport-fishing available, the surroundings are incredible. Surging rivers filled with salmon and trout compete for attention with a rain forest of giant trees towering more than 61 m (200 ft) into the heavens. The City of Port Alberni offers a deep sea port, beautiful waterfront quays, an airport, a new hospital, shopping mall, casino, and a well-developed array of recreational facilities and a vast supporting infrastructure often found in much larger cities.
Salary: $34.85/ hr.
Benefits: Competitive benefits package with pension contributions, as well as relocation assistance.
Shifts: Mon-Thurs 9 hrs/ day, Fri 8 hrs/day with every 2nd Friday off.
- Red Seal Certified Instrument and Control Technician
- Hands-on experience in all areas of computerized control, programmable logic controllers and distributed control systems
Skills and Abilities:
- Self-starter and dedicated team-player
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Superior interpersonal and coaching capabilities
- Ability to work flexibly
- Valid driver’s license required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Live up to the highest level of safety and environmental compliance
- Be accountable for one’s actions as well as watching out for fellow employees
- Establish and implement preventative & operational maintenance activities
- Support manufacturing operations to locate and diagnose defects in paper/pulp production equipment
- Perform incidental tasks as required to complete the larger task
- Work in a flexible trades environment where you may perform tasks historically assigned to other classifications
- Support company’s drive for enhanced performance and improved quality and efficiency