HSB BI&I is looking for an Inspector (Boiler/Pressure Vessels)
HSB BI&I is a leader in providing specialized equipment breakdown insurance. We provide insurance and reinsurance to Canadian and global businesses through our coast to coast network of offices, 4,000 independent insurance brokers and over 50 major insurance companies. HSB BI&I is a member of the Hartford Steam Boiler Group and part of the global Munich Re Group of Companies.
- We have over 140 years of experience and through our modern systems and practices remain unsurpassed in meeting our customers’ needs.
- You can become an expert in your field while enjoying a healthy work/life balance and a collaborative, friendly
- atmosphere in our offices.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program to our employees.
We invite you to learn more about us at our website: www.munichre.com/hsbbii
Working within your assigned territory, you will identify and quantify areas of equipment-based risk, including potential areas of improvement and share this expertise effectively both internally and with our client base. You will maintain relationships with clients and colleagues with a focus on risk reduction and customer service.
This position is home-based with a company vehicle provided.
- Provide equipment breakdown loss prevention expertise by conducting routine inspections, risk re-evaluations, claims investigations, jurisdictional inspections and other duties as assigned.
- Conduct evaluations on commercial and industrial locations with equipment ranging from HVAC to
- boilers/pressure vessels and production equipment.
- Manage a territory and meet productivity goals in a cost effective manner.
- Work towards the continual improvement of HSB BI&I’s portfolio.
- At least 3-5 years maintenance/operations experience including boilers/pressure vessels, refrigeration and production equipment.
- Post-secondary technical education.
- Strong oral, written communications and computer skills (including report writing).
- Self-motivated with good organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license, ability to travel.
- Dedication to exceptional client service.
- Background in Marine, Mechanical or Stationary Engineering is recommended, but not compulsory.
- Knowledge of ASME code (boilers and pressure vessels) is an asset, but not compulsory.
- National Board Commission is required (or ability to obtain; training will be provided if necessary).
- 2nd Class or above preferred.
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference INBC0916-BW and send a covering letter along with a resume to: email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.