Heavy Equipment Technician/Heavy Duty Mechanic needed! Our client, a premier provider of waste, recycling, and disposal services, is seeking an experienced Heavy Equipment Technician/ Heavy Duty Mechanic for their landfill facility in Coronation, Alberta. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing maintenance and repair on off-road equipment. This position is offering up to $42/hour, great benefits, and relocation assistance. To learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text at 587-794-3883. This is a great opportunity to gain a crucial role with a reputable company that embrace the “work hard, play harder” culture. If that sounds up your alley, don’t wait! Apply online today.
Coronation, AB is located about 2 hours’ drive east from Red Deer, and is easily accessible from the surrounding towns of Castor, Brownfield, and Veteran. The town was named in honour of the coronation of King George V, and its development has been based in agricultural, oil, and gas. This small town (pop. 940) is known for its big community spirit. Residents enjoy the annual rodeo, town and country fair in addition to their own rec centre, school, museum, library, and hospital. Come and see all that small town life has to offer!
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time.
Salary: $42/ hr, OT paid after 8 hours.
- Comprehensive benefits package after 3 months.
- RRSP contributions after 1 year.
Shifts: Monday to Friday 7 am– 5 pm, 10 hour shifts. Some weekend work may be required.
- Red Seal Heavy Equipment Technician/ Heavy Duty Mechanic ticket.
- 4-5 years of verifiable Diesel Truck/Heavy Equipment experience.
- Solid computer diagnostic experience
- Caterpillar and Volvo experience would be an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to work safety and follow safety procedures.
- Solid knowledge of brakes and Hydraulics repair.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair and maintain heavy trucks, dozers, compactors, and other vehicles or heavy equipment to maximize safe and productive operations.
- Typical repairs include but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repairing engines chassis and body components, hydraulic cylinders, brake systems, suspension systems, cooling systems, under carriage, wheels and tires.
- Read and interpret vehicle condition reports, and/or repair orders, communicates with supervisor and operator for clarification of problems. May discuss preventative techniques with operators to minimize future repairs.
- Make emergency on-site inspections to make repairs on equipment that break down during operations
- Dexterity for handling small parts and tools in tight spaces.
- Sufficient strength for handling larger parts and tools.
- Pushing, pulling, reaching above/at/below shoulder, standing stooping, crouching, bending, walking, crawling, kneeling, carrying lifting 10-100 lbs.
- Visually inspects equipment and parts; adequate hearing.
- Able to work utilizing safety glasses, steel-toed work shoes, uniform and hearing protection.
- Able to climb steps and ladders.
- Work performed indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Subjected to loud noises, vibrations, hardworking surfaces, lubricants and chemicals, fumes, dirt and inherent hazards of mechanic work.