Universal Rail Systems is looking for a Heavy Duty Mechanic for their Toronto, Ontario operations
- Carry out inspections, observation and reporting of the condition & mechanical repairs/maintenance required to all equipment, vehicles, trailers & miscellaneous equipment held
- In the field observe operators and operating condition of the equipment maintenance procedures, daily inspections and log books.
- Provide mechanical instruction and training to operator’s maintenance, repair and operation of equipment.
- Carry out directed and authorized repairs, maintenance and modifications to all company equipment.
- Carry out repairs as per inspections & monthly operator maintenance sheets
- Advise Foreman of equipment/vehicles that should be taken out of service due to maintenance faults and apply appropriate lock out/tag out device.
- Comply with WHMIS and OH&S safety standards and comply with all corresponding administrative procedures.
- When required, act as lead hand & perform duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the up-keep of all shop tools, tool boxes, & miscellaneous shop equipment.
- Responsible for clean-up of work bays & tooling on a daily basis.
- Clean all non-serviceable parts before sending them out for repair.
- Requisition materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment, or replacement parts.
- Comply with all administrative paperwork that is requested to ensure the proper records and maintenance of all equipment.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Sound understanding of safety regulations, safe work practices and work procedures and be capable of assisting in maintaining safe work sites
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and storage
- Ability to maintain concentration and mental alertness in a variety of situations
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong stress management and time management skills
- Perform duties in inclement weather, with possible exposure to severe weather conditions
- Proficiency in the safe operation and maintenance of various related equipment and tools
- Must possess a Journeyman or Apprentice Mechanic certificate
- Valid G License
- Bilingual is an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Pay
- An industry leading comprehensive benefits program
- The opportunity to work with a great team where Safety is an integral part of our culture
Please send your resume and a cover letter quoting “Heavy Duty Mechanic” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.