Are you dedicated to creating a culture of safety? Are you one of nature’s coaches? Then we want to hear from you! Our client, an international industrial group specializing facility management, is seeking a superstar Health and Safety Officer to act as the safety champion for their four facilities across Canada. Primarily based out of Surrey, BC, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and facilitating safety programs to reduce and prevent workplace injury. If you love to educate, inspire, and see results, then don’t wait—apply today!
Our client is an international market leader in development, implementation and operation of long-term partnerships. They provide services from Facility Management to Infrastructure to Energy Management. By committing themselves to innovation and best practice, their aim is to build strong relationships with their customers and employees alike that last a lifetime. Don’t miss this opportunity to work for a successful company that values teamwork, respect, and sustainability.
Living in Surrey
Located 24km southeast of Vancouver, Surrey offers easy access to Highway 1 and opportunities to explore all that British Columbia has to offer. The City of Surrey is committed to working with neighborhoods, residents and community groups to create beautiful spaces and to promote and celebrate community activity, spirit, and pride. Close to the ocean, mountains, Whistler, Vancouver Island and the USA, the recreational and leisure opportunities are endless. Some of Surrey’s neighboring cities that are conveniently accessible by car or public transportation are Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, Delta, Langley, Coquitlam and Maple Ridge.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience.
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefit Package.
Shifts: Mon-Fri. Limited travel to Kelowna, BC and Winnipeg, MB required for this role.
Education: 2-year Occupational Health and Safety diploma required.
- Minimum 3-5 years professional OH&S experience in large corporate environment.
- Health and Safety training experience necessary.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations and claims process including WCB, STD, and LTD claims.
- Excellent knowledge of WHIMS.
- Supportive and outgoing personality who thrives in a team environment.
- Superior presentation and public speaking skills.
- Organized and capable of multitasking, particularly in regards to training metric and tracking,
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preventing and reducing the occurrence of workplace injuries by developing, implementing and supporting effective investigations of accidents/injuries.
- Providing analysis and interpretation of unusual conditions/safety concerns and recommendations to prevent future occurrences.
- Provide updates regarding the corporate safety program and performance at the local level.
- Consistently promote the belief that health and safety results in quality and safe client service and improves organizational performance.
- Implement and monitor performance regarding compliance with corporate safety program and provide achievement indicators with line managers.
- Assist Managers to develop action plans to address issues where concerns are identified.
- Ensure ongoing active manager and staff involvement with the maintenance and development of safety systems in their areas, in collaboration with Joint OH&S Committee, managers, directors, and executives.
- Represent company’s interests in dealing with regulatory agencies such as Worksafe BC and Worksafe Manitoba and liaise with area specific WSBC officers.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada and have been living in Canada continuously for the past 5 years.
- Required to undergo RCMP Security Clearance, inclusive but not limited to a criminal check, financial check, and interviews with various points of contact. May take up to 3-6 months to process; if hired the candidate will be working at a different site until clearance process is complete.