Are you a mechanically-minded individual with a background in providing top quality customer service, looking to put your experience to use? Our client is seeking a Field Service Technician to provide compressed air equipment service and repair for their diversified industrial clients. This role will take you all over the GTA (particularly Brampton and Mississauga) as well as the Hamilton area. This is a great opportunity to explore many distinct neighborhoods and make connections with people over something as simple and indispensable as it gets: the air we breathe. With growing demand for efficient energy and clean air, our client is dedicated to adapting with the times so their employees can enjoy stable careers for years to come.
Our client specializes in installing and servicing compressed air equipment. Despite this specialty, they pride themselves on their holistic view, from overall energy efficiency to government incentives that help their customers gain the most value for their dollar. To join this tight-knit team is to commit to fostering peace of mind and a healthy environment for each and every client. If you have any questions, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 647-484-0311!
The Greater Toronto Area (GTA) is the number one populated area in Canada, consisting of Toronto and the surrounding regional municipalities of Durham, Halton, Peel, and York. For the nature explorer, the GTA is bordered by Lakes Ontario, Kawartha, Simcoe, and the Niagara Escarpment, not to mention the plethora of parks, forests, and ravines. If big city life calls to you, jump feet first into Toronto, a hub of sports, art, music, recreation, and history. If a shorter commute and smaller community is more your style, try the suburban town of Oakville, listed as MoneySense’s 3rd best place to live in Canada of 2016. Wherever you hang your hat, this role is sure to make you an expert in this metropolitan area.
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience.
- Company vehicle and cell phone provided.
- Health benefits available after 6 months.
- 2 weeks of vacation also included.
Shifts: Monday to Friday, 8am-4:30pm. On call work outside of these hours on rotation with other team members. Lots of overtime available.
Education: Millwright, Machinist or Electrician training or tickets are an asset, but not essential for this role.
Experience: Experience with large rotating equipment, such as blowers, pumps, or compressors would be highly desirable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain a professional and neat appearance.
- Clean driver’s licence.
- Superior communication and customer service skills.
- Must have a passport for manufacturer training in the US.
- Must submit to a criminal record check.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service/Overhaul and repair Industrial Oil-Flooded compressors.
- Troubleshoot any breakdown calls in the field and keep equipment running.
- Work on associated equipment in the field on dryers, filters, purifiers, oil-water separators, drains and controls.
- Work with service manager to look for opportunities to enhance opportunities within customer base.
- Perform Scheduled Service PMs.
- Assist in performing compressed air audits and pre and post measurement for Government Incentives.
- Collaborate with group safety employees ensuring work environments are safe and training is up to date.
- Cultivate existing account relationships and develop new service accounts.
- Support accounting group and Service Manager to ensure work orders and time sheets are properly coordinated and billed in a timely manner.
- Aid mechanical divisions in the coordination of field installations and any rigging required.