Are you a certified electrician looking to work for a good utility company and are though enough to experience what Northern Canada has to offer? Located in the beautiful Artic, Inuvik, NT, our utility client distributes electricity to end-use consumers in 26 of the 33 communities in the Northwest Territories. Reporting to the Maintenance Service Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of electrical generation, auxiliary equipment and control equipment.
If you have 5 years of journeyperson experience and wanting to join a stable and reputable company, this job is definitely for you! Please give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 250-483-5954!
Living in Inuvik, NT
Inuvik, NT is a town located on the East Channel of the Mackenzie Delta, approximately 100km from the Arctic Ocean. With a diverse community of approximately 3,500 people, Inuvik offers plenty of amenities to fit many lifestyles. Inuvik has a beautiful display of the Northern Lights in the winter. The community also has a number of fun festivals throughout the year for everyone to enjoy.
- $40.11 to $48.75 per hour
- Location and accommodation allowances of approximately $15,785 per annum
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package, including Health and Dental Benefits, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, paid Sick Days and a Defined Pension Plan.
Location: Inuvik, NT; Travel to satellite plants in other communities by small aircraft, ice road and gravel highway is required.
- Interprovincial Red Seal Industrial Electrician
- Eligible for a NWT Class 5 driver’s license
- Must undergo a successful criminal background check
- Minimum 5 years journeyperson experience troubleshooting diesel generation electrical systems including the ability to set electronic governors and voltage regulators unsupervised in the field.
- Must have experience with setting up electronic governors for parallel operation
- Experience installing, maintaining and commissioning of Caterpillar, Isuzu, Gascor, Deutz and Detroit Diesel gensets in the range 150 kW to 1400 kW
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and work off blueprints, as well as interpret drawings, diagrams, and specifications of a variety of types of electrical equipment, including manufacturer's manuals and parts books
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains and repairs all electrical systems, AC and DC single phase and three phase electric motors and assists with scheduled overhauls of diesel and natural gas generator sets
- Assists with scheduled overhauls of diesel electric generation sets
- Calibrates all engine mounted alarms, indication and shutdown devices, as well as cleaning and checking all wiring and relays in engine control cabinets
- Maintains and repairs auxiliary generator equipment and devices. Planned maintenance includes, but is not limited to, calibration of automatic and manual voltage regulators, generator protection devices, metering and cleaning and checking all wiring and terminations in generator control cubicles. Setting and adjustment of electronic governors is also required
- Assists in SCADA system maintenance and repairs including start up, cleaning of filters and checking of various input and output devices
- Troubleshooting and repairs to Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Maintenance and repairs to high and low voltage switchgear and breakers. Cleaning breaker circuits and motor control centres, cleaning and calibration of high voltage breakers, torqueing buss bar bolts and inspecting wiring and terminations.