We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical and Instrumentation Technician at our client’s North Vancouver facility. Our client is a leading regional supplier of sulfuric acid and spent acid processing services. The ideal candidate will be a key contributor to the maintenance team and report directly to the E&I Supervisor.
In addition to processing by-products and waste streams, our client uses their own production facilities to produce sulfur, potassium chloride, zinc oxide, and more. Operating around their core values of safety, integrity, and organizational excellence, our client is committed to providing the best possible products and services while treating their customers and employees alike in an honest and ethical manner.
The moment you arrive in the City of North Vancouver, you are welcomed by nature. With views of the majestic North Shore Mountains and the glistening waters of the Burrard Inlet, North Vancouver is only a 12-minute SeaBus ride away from the City of Vancouver. From there, the rest of the Lower Mainland is yours to explore – by car, bus, rapid transit or ferry. Home to such tourist attractions as the Capilano Suspension Bridge, Stanley Park and Science World, Vancouver, BC is a modern, travel-friendly city surrounded by skyscrapers, beaches and mountains alike. With quick and easy access to Whistler Resort, the Canadian Rockies, Victoria, Vancouver Island, and of course, endless year round water and land sports, whether extreme sport or family fun, find your personal adventure here.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time
Preference will be given to Dual ticketed candidates.
- Inter-provincial or BCTQ Journeyman Instrumentation and Control Certification is a must
- Inter-provincial or BCTQ Journeyman Electrical Certification is preferred. However, candidates who are in the process of obtaining Red Seal Electrician Certificate will be considered.
Dual Trades premium: Monthly rate of $118.47
Relocation allowance provided. Benefits include defined contribution pension plan, short-term disability, and medical services plan.
Shifts: This is a unionized role, with a work schedule of four (4) ten (10) hour days, reporting to the E&I Supervisor
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Number of Vacancies: 1
- Minimum of ten years of heavy industrial experience
- Experience with performing routine maintenance of instruments, high and low voltage power distribution systems, rectifiers and transformers is required
- Experience with the installation, programming, troubleshooting, and repair of logic control systems, Programmable Logic Controllers, and adjustable frequency AC drives
- Experience with distributed control system maintenance and configuration, preferably with ABB Infi 90 & Industrial 800Xa systems
- Experience with the PM module of SAP to the degree expected of a Maintenance Technician would be an asset
- Solid understanding and familiarity with electronic and pneumatic instrumentation systems
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong focus on safety and environmental performance
- Strong technical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Reliable, open to new ideas and committed to continuous improvement
- Computer literacy with the ability to work with MS Office applications
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Maintain and repair the plant power distribution systems; this includes working on transformers, rectifiers, switch gear, motor control centers, protection devices, up to and including 60 kV
- Maintain compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, Company policies, safety and environmental standards
- Maintain and troubleshoot process control problems
- Install instrument tubing and small diameter pressure piping
- Execute PM’s on a regular interval including instrument calibrations
- Maintain and configure distributed control systems, ABB Infi 90 & Industrial 800Xa systems and PLC’s
- Identify, install, develop and implement upgrades on existing electrical and instrument equipment
- Assist other trades (Welder, Pipefitter, Millwright) as required
- Test, troubleshoot, repair and replace electrical systems, discrete devices, motors, frequency drives, SCR’s, lighting and logic control components/ devices.
- Maintain Instrument systems including primary field devices, valves, actuators, meters and analyzers
- Meter proving and maintain audit trail
- Work with automation specialists to troubleshoot and repair control systems
- Program control logic and HMI interfaces as needed