Contract Manager – Kelowna, BC
Calling all creative thinkers, big dreamers, and people-pleasers! Our client, an international industrial group specialising facility management, is seeking a qualified Contract Manager to ensure the efficient and customer focused delivery of all their services with their airport contract based out of Kelowna, BC. This will include the ongoing management and maintenance of plant and equipment, janitorial and related services, and projects. Reporting to the Key Account Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the performance of the operations team, full budget accountability and the delivery of all services provided under the Contract. They will use standards set by the Company, and expected by the Client, to ensure contractual performance and compliance with performance monitoring systems. If you’re an experienced manager looking for a new challenge, then apply today!
Our client is an international market leader in development, implementation and operation of long-term partnerships. They provide services from Facility Management to Infrastructure to Energy Management. By committing themselves to innovation and best practice, their aim is to build strong relationships with their customers and employees alike that last a lifetime. Don’t miss this opportunity to work for a successful company that values teamwork, respect, and sustainability.
Cradled within a glorious range of mountains, the city of Kelowna is located on the Okanagan Lake in the Okanagan Valley, in the southern interior of BC. It has a semi-arid climate, boasting long warm summers and short mild winters. The city of Kelowna is the largest community with a population of 115,000 people and has all the amenities needed for a single person or family. Kelowna is a highly desirable vacation destination from Vancouver (a 4.5 hour trek by car, or 45 minutes by air) and the United States (a 5 hour drive from the border). Kelowna has miles of beautiful parkland, and several sandy beaches for all summertime activities. In cooler months, the snow-capped mountains and pine filled forests are a haven for skiers, boarders, snowmobilers and outdoor adventurists of all types and levels.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: Depending on Experience
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefit Package
Shifts: Mon-Fri, required to be on-call during the weekend
- Previous airport service delivery experience (annual budgets in excess of $3 million) in a commercial environment within the aviation industry or similar highly regulated environment
Skills and Abilities:
- Exemplary customer service and management skills
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Proactive and team-oriented attitude
- Dedicated to the highest standards of customer care and to monitoring the quality of all services
- Ability to comply against contractual requirements as well as the company’s financial, commercial and quality procedures
- Ability to cost effectively manage the company’s business relationships with all suppliers and subcontractors
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for contractual performance in accordance with agreed budgets, compliance with the performance monitoring systems, and continually enforce cost efficiencies
- Maintain a close liaison with the client and understand their FM requirements ensuring efficient FM operation during the concession period
- Formulate in conjunction with Company Management and the Client, suitable strategies to meet the demands of service provision and ongoing continuous improvement
- Implement and maintain the performance monitoring system and be accountable for the monthly performance
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all electrical and electronic systems / equipment within the facilities managed by the Company
- Work with Human Resources to recruit, select, manage, motivate and develop staff to maintain the highest standards of professionalism and customer service.
- Monitor and deliver Key Performance Indicator (KPI) results on a monthly basis applying strategies for improvement
- Develop excellent communication and relationships at all levels with the team, the client organization, customers and the wider community
- Ensure the appraisal of the performance of all staff and provide relevant training and development to achieve the highest standards of personal contribution in collaboration with Human Resources
- Participate in business development activities for the contract and Company as a whole
- Actively promote the development of professional codes of practice and legislated requirements in order to align organizational and local business needs
- Represent the company as an active participant in appropriate client airport-related meetings/committees
- Undertake such other duties appropriate to the level and character of work as may reasonably be required by the Company.
- Must not have a criminal record; check will be required
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada and have been living in Canada continuously for the past 5 years
- Be part of the facilities management out-of-hours team, ensuring the successful delivery of all Property and Customer services within the full operational coverage (i.e. 24/7day/365/year)
- Deliver, at all times, high quality plant maintenance and janitorial services within the contract by applying professional expertise and management along with compliance against the contractual requirements
- Comply with the Company’s Policies, Management Plans and Procedures
- Fulfil Health & Safety responsibilities by adherence to the requirements of the Company's Health & Safety Policy and Health & Safety Management Plans
- Support the Company's Quality Policy Statement and actively participate in the achievement of Company and personal Quality objectives