Red Seal Commercial Transport Mechanic with superior diagnosing skills in Edmonton needed! Our client, a national transportation company with their head office in BC, is seeking an experienced Commercial Transport Mechanic or Technician to provide diagnoses and field service support to their customers, mainly in Edmonton, Alberta. The ideal candidate will be part detective, part teacher, and all team player—working with customers remotely and in person to diagnose and instruct them on their technical issues, and then collaborating with head office (including a team of mechanics, suppliers, and technical writers) to find long-term solutions. This role has a strong focus on diagnostics with minimal hands on work required. If you’re a mechanically-minded people-person who can see it through, then we want to hear from you! Apply today, or for more information, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 250-483-5954!
Our client is a Canadian bus manufacturer specializing in mid-size busses for transit authorities and commercial enterprises. They are dedicated to providing durable transportation while aiming to be environmentally responsible. Theirs is a fast-growing, community oriented company that values the opinions of all their employees. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join this amazing team!
You can expect some travel to Calgary with this role (a 3 hour drive), but the majority of work will be based out of Edmonton, AB. Edmonton is the capital city of Alberta and has population of 899,447 people. It’s well known for its dynamic young hockey team, scenic river valley and thriving music and art community. Edmonton is home to North America’s largest shopping and entertainment complex (West Edmonton Mall), and they host 30 festivals a year making them Canada’s Festival City.
Salary: Competitive, Depending on Experience
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits package
- Company truck provided and all road expenses covered
Shifts: About two weeks per month at client sites, with the remaining time available for phone consultations during normal working hours
Education: Red Seal Commercial Transport Mechanic required
- Minimum 5 years Commercial Transport experience
- Experience using Commercial Transport diagnostic equipment
- Experience with transit busses an asset
- Troubleshooting experience with wiring issues and fault codes
- Experience in automotive repair technical writing
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of electrical schematics, diagnostic tools/ hardware
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Above average interpersonal and customer service skills
- Organized and able to multitask in a fast paced and high-pressure environment
- The ability to work mostly independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong level of initiative
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance and assistance to customers by phone and email for specific technical problems
- Confirm all warranty related paperwork is tracked and submitted
- Travel to customers to assist in training, diagnosing, repairs and installations
- Supply technical writers with updated information for parts, service, electrical manuals as well as suggestions for improvements
- Investigate, document and release instructions to complete mechanical retrofits
- Repair factory defects and perform pre delivery inspections
- Stay up to date with training on all pertinent systems